- rp - short for roleplay
- rpg- short for roleplay game or roleplay group
- muse - inspiration that drives the mun to write usually a character or plot.
- mun - the person typing the story. i.e. the roleplayer
- admin/mod - administrator/moderator; head[s] of roleplay / people[s] in charge.
- co-admin - help out the main heads of roleplay; consists of promoting and moderating or looking after the group.
- face claim - Usually a celebrity who is portrayed in the media. Appearing as the muse.
- indie rp- short for independent roleplay. Not connected to a group.
- 1x1 - non group rp, between two people.
- OC - Original Character; Completely made up by mun.
- Hiatus - when a roleplayer takes a break for a period of time.
- IC - In Character, meaning this person is now acting as their character.
- OOC - This person is now Out Of Character and responding as the mun.
- OTP - One True Pair; Usually of the romantic kind of relationship. Also Brotp; brother true pair; characters who are best friends and act like family but are not related.
- Ship - short for Relationship
- M!A - Magical!Anon; an anonymous message making the mun change their character, whether he/she should accept the challenge.
- AU - Alternate Universe; when the story takes place in the same universe but the plot is slightly different or extremely different than the canon.
- Canon - Preexisting published work in the real world and is officially copyrighted in any form of media that is recognized by the general public.
- Head Canon - Mun believes this plot or story to be true regardless of what the actual canon is. Sometimes described as a “personal canon”.
- Verse - short for Universe; where the plot takes place. i.e. one character can have many different plots each plot can be happening at the same time in a different location. Each of those plots would be different verses.
- Open Post - A starter plot that is open to the general rpg.
- Starter - The beginning of the thread. The very first post of the plot.
- Thread - The collection of posts collected over time between two or more roleplayers.
- Replies - A plot between two roleplayers; to be able to continue the thread the muns take turns typing parts of the story.
- Drabble - no set post length; contains character development. Usually a self - para. No replies necessary.
- One Line - Contains one sentence of post length.
- Gif Chat - Contains one line of conversation and a gif.
- Para - Paragraphing; At least five to six sentences of post length.
- Semi - Para - At least three sentences of post length.
- Multi - Para - At least three full paragraphs long.
- Self - Para - More than one full paragraph of post length. No replies necessary.
- Novella - A short story consisting of more than one paragraph. Depending on the person / group it could mean at least five - seven paragraphs.
- God Modding - An all powerful player; to control someone else’s character, an illegal move with out consent of character’s mun.
- Power Play - See God Modding.
- Mary Sue/ Gary Stu - A term describing a perfect character who never makes any mistakes. Is also capable of upstaging other characters no matter what.
Quite a few people requested some form of trait/personality generator, and here’s the result! I wanted to keep it vague enough that the options could work for any universe, be it modern, fantasy, scifi, or anything else, so these are really just the basics. Remember that a character is much more than a list of traits, and this should only be used as a starting point– I tried to include a variety of things, but further development is definitely a must.
Could pair well with the gender and sexuality generator.
To Play: Click and drag each gif, or if that isn’t working/you’re on mobile, just take a screenshot of the whole thing (multiple screenshots may be required if you want more than one trait from each category).
RP - Roleplay
RPG - Roleplay Group/Game
Roleplay - Roleplay
LSRPG - Legit Serious Roleplay Group
OC RP/OC RPG - Original Character Roleplay
Bio RP/Bio RPG - Pre-written Biography Roleplay
New RP/New RPG - New Roleplay
Original RP/Original RPG - Original Roleplay
What Not to Tag
Acceptances - Everybody get’s excited about roleplay acceptances—especially the people being accepted. But typically those people waiting on acceptances are going to be watching your page for the accepted applications, not the roleplay tags. If you want to bring people onto your page for acceptances, in the hope that they may want to apply as well, make a formal announcement when you’re going to begin accepting posts, and a formal announcement when you’ve finished accepting posts! This will bring people to your page, and let any people lurking on your roleplay, or in the tags know that you’re accepting, without flooding the tags with applications that, unless they’re the player that wrote it, probably don’t care about.
Personal Posts - Roleplay mains are a place for professionalism, and well, let’s be real—personal posts aren’t very professional. They cover your main with unneeded information, and block the important things from your players/potential players. There’s always exceptions, letting people know that you have to push off an acceptance for something important, or perhaps need a hiatus, or help from a co-admin because of real world problems. But things like, “My cats ignoring me, so you should come make up for it.”, look silly, don’t tell players anything about your roleplay, and really just clog the tags.
Asks - It’s always exciting when you recieve an ask for your roleplay, whether it’s a question, or someone just sending their love. But scrolling through the roleplay tags and finding only asks featuring questions for roleplays I know nothing about? It doesn’t really scream “apply” to anyone. The best way to get people to notice your roleplay is through promotions—and not constantly publishing every post you make in the roleplay tags. People are looking for advertisements, not questions they don’t understand. So give them something to understand, and stick to posting promos—you might not have as many views at first, but you’ll find yourself with a more active applicant batch based off of advertisements, rather than published asks that only followers of your roleplay can understand.
Roleplay Helper Tags
RPH - Roleplay Helper
RPA - Roleplay Assistant
RPC - Roleplay Critic
RPO - Roleplay Opinion
RPCHA - Roleplay Critic Helper Assistant
AFCH - Actual Faceclaim Help
FCH - Faceclaim Help
CBR - Could Be Related
What Not to Tag
Personal Posts - It’s your blog and you can cry if you want to—bad reference? But really, post what you want on your blog, post personal posts until your eyes bleed, post pictures of Harry Styles until your heart stops, obsessively reblog pictures of cats—but don’t tag them in the roleplay tags. It’s great that you’re getting compliments, that people are asking you questions, or that your cat has learned how to count, but the people that want to see those posts are likely already following you, and if they’re not, they’re probably not going to follow you while scrolling through the rp/rph/various-other-tags-you-might-be-tagging-things-with and seeing an onslaught of your personal posts. People go to those tags for rp-related posts, rp blogs, and things that may help them create a roleplay—not for your admiration of celebrities (which probably are totally awesome.)
Accepted Requests - It’s totally great that you’re doing your part as a roleplay helper, taking requests and fulfilling them? Totally rad! But something that’s not so rad? Having a help tag full of posts that are just you saying a happy filled “yes!” to requests people have sent you. It doesn’t help anyone, and it really just clogs the tags. I get that you want to get your name out there—but if you want people to see you as a helper and send you requests, don’t tag your posts accepting requests, tag your posts fulfilling requests! People are more likely to come to you when they see you fulfilling the requests, rather than just accepting them!
Shoutouts & Promotions - Advertisements are an important part of getting your roleplay to people who might be interested, and that’s awesome. But people go to the RPH tags to find roleplay help things, like guides, themes, family templates, and the like, not for shoutouts and promotions. When people want to find shoutouts and promotions, they go to the roleplay tags, where they can find a number of roleplays advertising—in the roleplay help tags, it just causes an annoyance, and seems out of place.
How to install: (3 simple steps)
1. below <style type=”text/css”> paste this
2. below <head> paste this
3. change the text to whatever you want!
1. no credit required (it would be nice though) but if someone asks where you got it please direct them to me
2. don’t claim as your own or redistribute
please like or reblog if using and i would love some feedback or requests for future themes/codes; i am always here to answer any questions (:
Hey guys. So this is my first how to, so please be kind. Lately I’ve noticed many gif makers producing images and gifs that are stretched in hope of fitting the dimensions they want. I will be using Photoshop CS5.
so this will show how to keep your gifs from looking like this
and instead looking like this
I don’t know if any of you guys know about this already, but there’s this awesome little drunk post ‘translator' that takes normal text and mangles it - you can even choose how drunk you want your post/character to be!
HOGWARTS LETTER→ the font used is ’Delicious, in smallcaps’.
→ comes with different coloured seals and sidebars for every house: gryffindor, hufflepuff, ravenclaw.
→ a simple character graphic is all you need in 150x150.
→ graphics, textures, etcetera, used in this psd are not mine and credit goes to the owners.
→ please do not redistribute as your own.
→ liking and/or reblogging would be very appreciated.
All there is to it is changing the text layers to suit your own preferences, putting a different graphic in the ‘faceclaim’ group, and simply making the layers of your character’s house visible.→ download here (mf)
AKA: No, you really don’t have an excuse: the list.
This was made in honor of #fyrpd/fuck yeah roleplay diversity. I just want to make a little note of this list. There are very obvious people missing from this list! I tried very hard to avoid the “popular” faces I’ve seen tokenized. No, I did not include Zoe Saldana, Arden Cho, Idris Elba, Michael Trevino, Laverne Cox, Angelina Jole or Jamie Chung in this list. Those are all very viable and fantastic faceclaim options, but this list is for alternate options to the popular faceclaims. This list is to prove there really is no excuse for your roleplay to look like Canada in the middle of a blizzard.
This gif hunt includes Kaya Scodelario doing something sexual, like kissing etc. None of which belong to me. If any of these gifs belong to you and you want it taken down, just let me know. I apologize for any repeats in advance. Please like/reblog if you found this helpful. Enjoy! x